Sunday, December 5, 2010

Moving On & Forward

Image by: irenesuchocki




Dear Readers,

I did not hire a lawyer, I simply wrote up an agreement making it plan and simple. I detailed an agreement between MJ's father and myself and made it so easy on him that other men would have thanked God for me being so generous. I just wanted out, split the equity that we had in the house, pay a low child support, keep her on his health insurance, we each get a life insurance policy for her and split the costs of MJ's collage {with a monetary cap}. Seems easy enough right!? He thought the agreement was a good one and agreed. This would later back fire in my face!

MJ and I stayed at the house for about a month so that I could get rent and security deposit money saved. I found a 2 bedroom apartment in town, very close to MJ's school. Town living would be new for me, but I was so excited for a fresh start. MJ was thrilled to be among the living and moving people!! {City life} I let MJ pick her room and we worked together to make it a home. I unpacked my sewing machine, craft items and started to craft again. I was getting Christmas gifts ready as I knew I wasn't going to be able to afford to buy allot. It felt good to sew and glue and create, I suppose it was therapy. I liked that our apartment was near the school as well as that it had washer and dryer in the kitchen. There was a sliding glass door out the dinning room onto a brick deck.

I was working as a veterinary assistant at the time and was promoted to personel manager for the chain of 5 vet clinics. I gave myself a quick lesson in payroll and took it on. I remember that the clinics all had so many computers, and it intimidated me. I still didn't have the whole grasp onto how the whole computer thing worked, and I was longing for the pen and paper days to be back.

MJ and I settled into our new life with smiles on our faces. We went to movies and made meals together. She started to date a boy that I did not like at all. I tried to tell her that he was bad news, but she wouldn't listen. There was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. I hoped that she would not follow in my foot steps by getting involved with a cocky boy!

As far as myself, I didn't waste time. I knew my soul mate was out there some where and I was bound and determined to find him. I sat down and wrote out every thing I wanted in a man and then made a list of everything that was not except able. My plan was easy, place an ad, written and recorded of things about me and what I was looking for. No game playing, no settling. Next step, weed out the recorded responses that I didn't like and then arrange a single date with any of the others. I called it power dating. If on the date I could not check each of the columns of what I was and wasn't looking for, then I simply told them thank you, but they weren't the one I was looking for. I stuck to that rule and began my search for my soul mate.



I don't know what it is about me attracting pilots? I dated 2 of them and from my own experience, they tend to be, well how do I say it???? Full of them selves! One of them had me fooled for a little while, he was tall dark and handsome. He ran his own business and was a smooth talker. I hadn't found anything that I couldn't check off until the day that he took me up in his plane. There we were flying and he let go of the stick and told me to fly the plane. You have got to be kidding me!!!?? Right!!?? Nope. He actually told me that it was up to me to fly the plane or we were going down. I must say, if I was not going to be able to check something off on my list, I would have preferred it to be on the ground.

Note to self: Add pilots to column of what I don't want. Check!
I don't care how tall, handsome, clever and rich he was, I was done with THAT kind of guy!

Now Will I Ever Find Him?

Love, Galoshes

5 comments:

  1. Will you ever find him...I'm looking forward to the next chapter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your posts. Thank you for doing this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha my daughter ended up with a daughter from a pilot. He had the nerve to present her with a paternity test. She had made it clear that she was not sleeping with any body else. And his response was... well i don't trust you. Needless to say he is not involved with the now 4 yr. old. Maybe you have a point...they are pretty impressed with them selves. Ha ... Looking forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda....hmmmm..did I ??
    Tripping, you are so welcome. I am glad there are a few of you that read along!
    Els,
    Ah HA!! SEE!!??!!
    Ok, so there are exceptions to the pilot rule, I just have no personal experiences with them!
    ~Galoshes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still reading, but I'm a veterinary technician! I love your true story. It's nice to see (read) that there are other women out there that have experienced similar things and have come out on top!

    *continues on*

    ReplyDelete