Friday, February 18, 2011

From MJ 6/18

MaryJanes on far right. Johnson upside down next to me.


Hey mom,
I'm on fire guard again. I miss you so much. I'll probably get your letters Monday or Tuesday hopefully.

Did I tell you that there is another Johnson in my platoon who the drill sergeants think I should adopt? Well she's always messing something up or having her hair/uniform wrong so she has to push (do push ups). Well since she didn't seem to be learning the drill Sargent thought we should be sisters and I should drop with her. She drops a lot. I did so many push-ups on kitchen patrol yesterday because I was busy doing stuff and she got caught with her hands in her pockets. So now I'm not allowed to let her out of my sight. She's cool though. We have the strangest feeling that we know each other from somewhere but she lives in Tennessee. it's a weird feeling though.

Somethings wrong with my big left toe. It hurts and I looked at it but it looks fine. I don't know. I'm not going on sick call until I can't walk though.

We have to run 2 miles on Monday to determine what group we are in so they can help us improve. I'm going to try real hard, but 2 miles! I've never done that. And 1 mile seems like forever.

I see Holly every once and a while. We usually have at least one classroom thing a day and she's there. We are going to church today. We have the choice of sleeping until 0700 or getting up an hour and a half earlier to go to church. Se we are going. Becky, Holly and I have decided to join the choir too.

Do you think Grandpa and Grandma Johnson will come down for graduation?

You know how I told you about the push-ups and pull-ups after dinner. well when we do pull-ups they let us have someone hold our feet, well I showed the girls that all we really need to do is use our feet against our buddy's stomach to get us up! It works. I can do 10 no problem. But I put enough weight on my arms to work them out otherwise I would be just wasting time.

I may have told you, but we get to go to Victory Tower on Friday. It's the big jungle gym with the ropes and repelling and climbing.

I can't wait to graduate. I'm so afraid I won't make it. Like I'm going to fail my PT test or something. Some of the girls say they can't not graduate for it, but I think you have to pass to graduate. I can't wait to see you!

I feel like I'm coming home next week. I've only been gone 14 days. I would only have 7 weeks left of basic if we hadn't have had to go to reception and all that crap.

My waist is getting a little smaller. We haven't done much yet but all the sweating does it.
I don't know what's going on with my pay but they made us use $315 credit from our first pay for crap they feel we need. We have to set up our drawers for display. How dumb is that.

I can understand why we roll all our clothes, but displaying our toothbrush and soap? Oh well.

That's all that's really going on here. The days go by fast and they'll only get faster. I can't believe that there are more girls than guys here and all the guys seem to be going nuts over me. And I have no make-up, hair thrown up, and baggy uniforms. it's kinda funny.

I get to take a long shower as soon as Johnson gets back. Since we are pulling guard together we decided we would take turns showering.

Well I'm going to go now. I'm so tired, I wish I could go back to bed. I will in like an hour though.

MaryJanes

No comments:

Post a Comment